KINGS LANDING CORPORATION
PRINCE WILLIAM, NB
Kings Landing Corporation is seeking an individual to join the Visitor Experience team as a Visiting Cousins Camp Counselor. The work term is from June 8th to August 23rd, 2019 with a training term of 5 days to be held between May 29th and June 6th, 2019.
As a member of the Kings Landing team, the successful candidate will be responsible to augment the guest experience by providing an engaging and positive experience to visitors. They will ensure the safety and security of, and provide supervision to, children between the ages of 9-15 inclusive during the 9 weeks of the program, as well as interpreting 19th century New Brunswick to both the Visiting Cousins and the general public.
The position requires an individual that is able to interpret a role in the first person, that can communicate effectively with children, staff and guests, and that possesses excellent time management skills. It also requires the ability to effectively coordinate multiple tasks while communicating story objectives to visitors of all ages.
- Currently a student in a postsecondary program;
- Successful completion of a work term or volunteer experience during which the supervision of a group of children was the primary responsibility;
- Must be eligible for the Young Canada Works program.
Written and spoken competence in English is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that possess:
- 19th century musical abilities or farming experience.
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application the asset qualification in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
The following operational requirements are also required:
- Working on weekdays and the occasional weekend;
- Working shifts which may include overnights;
- Wearing the assigned costume;
- Working/walking in all types of weather conditions and various humidity levels for extended periods of time;
- Submission of a criminal background check including the vulnerable sector will be required prior to hiring.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Commitment to Learning
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Information Seeking
- Teamwork and Cooperation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Presentation skills;
- Planning and organizational skills.
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employmentin months and years including part-time and full-time employment. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
SALARY: $11.50 to $13.87 per hour (based on qualifications)
We encourage applicants to apply by email to email@example.com or by mail at the following address by April 19, 2019.
Kings Landing Corporation
c/o Camp Counselor Application
Attention: Pam Gilbert
5804 Route 102,
Prince William, NB E6K 2A5
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We promote a scent-free environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.