Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Administrative Services Level 3
Who we are?
The work we do has a positive impact on our communities and helps improve the everyday lives of New Brunswickers. Together, we are over 45,000 New Brunswickers who are passionate problem-solvers, who make a difference and are proud to call New Brunswick home.
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure's mission is to contribute to New Brunswick's economy and quality of life by providing and supporting sustainable infrastructure that allows for the safe and efficient movement of people, goods and government services to the public. Not only is the department responsible for managing over 18,000 kilometers of provincial highways, it also manages the planning, design and construction of hospitals, schools and other government buildings.
What you will do
As a member of the Administrative unit for District 3 Moncton and reporting to the District Financial Manager, you will be required to provide a variety of administrative support tasks necessary to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of service. For both positions the responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Maintaining a current and accurate filing system as well as maintain spreadsheets and various programs for updates
• District guarantor functions
• Review and submit time sheets, acting pay forms, etc.
• Set up and transfer of employees in the OMS system
• Create and retrieve service contracts and work orders
• Budget and project set-up in the PGMS system
• Materials stock management and vehicle transfers
• Various report generation
• Perform a back-up role for other department staff as needed
• Contribute to team efforts by performing various other related administrative duties for the District as required and assigned.
• Office location: 46 Toombs street, Moncton
• Standard hours of work: Monday - Friday, 8:15-4:30
• We promote a scent-reduced environment.
Who you are?
Key behavioural competencies
• Client Service Orientation
• Effective Interactive Communication
• Concern for Order
• High school diploma or GED supplemented by the successful completion of a one (1) year post-secondary program in the area of business, office management or a related field
• Minimum of three (3) years' experience providing administrative support in an office environment.
Strong experience working with Microsoft Office Suite is also required. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English for one position and written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French is essential for one position.
Please state your language capability.
Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate experience working with Oracle-based software including OMS, PGMS and OFIS. Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application the asset qualification in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
• Ability to use office technology, software and applications
• Planning and Organizing Skills
• Written Communication
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure offers:
• Meaningful work and the opportunity to support New Brunswickers in times of need.
• Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training.
• Comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, Health and Dental Plan, Life Insurance, and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan.
• Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services.
SALARY: $1472 to $1785 bi-weekly, based on 36.25 hours per week
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health and safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health and safety.
How to apply?
• Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration.
• Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
• Please ensure that your preferred language of assessment is identified in your resume.
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by e-mail to email@example.com or by mail at the following address by February 23, 2021 indicating competition number R40 2020/21-1221. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
District 3 - Moncton
P. O. Box 129, 46 Toombs Street
Moncton NB E1C 8R9
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates registered with the a Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who are among the most qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.
Let's connect. You belong here.