Assistant Director of Visitor Experience: Programming and Projects
Kings Landing Corporation
Who we are
Kings Landing, a world-class living history museum located on the Saint John River and one of the top visitor attractions in New Brunswick, is seeking an individual to lead the Interpretation team as Assistant Director of Visitor Experience: Programming & Projects, working in Prince William, New Brunswick.
Operated by Kings Landing Corporation, Kings Landing was created over a period from 1967 to 1974. The Historical Settlement depicts and interprets life in rural New Brunswick in the 19th century. For 48 years, over 3.5 million guests have come to experience history brought to life within a 300-acre site with over 70 historic buildings and through a priceless collection of over 99,000 historical objects.
What you will do
Reporting to the CEO/Director of Visitor Experience, the ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate exceptional organizational abilities, excellent interpersonal and multi-tasking skills, and invaluable analytical and project management skills. The Assistant Director of Visitor Experience: Programming & Projects will reinforce visitor-to-corporation relationships, improve the organization's visibility in the market, and effectively deliver on special event objectives. Other duties include:
- developing, planning, organizing and implementing comprehensive thematic, theatrical, tour and musical events and programs
- exploring grant options
- identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
- monitoring timeframes and budgets
- delivering on event objectives
- Variable and extended hours
- We promote a scent-reduced environment
Who you are
If you are an innovative individual with an enthusiastic attitude to assist the Kings Landing Corporation in hosting events that enhance our visitors' experience, by creating value-added programs and events and significantly increasing our visitor base, then this role is for you. Your creativity, program and event management skills, community-based mindset and vision will assist Kings Landing in amplifying our visibility in the province and beyond, enhancing visitor and employee relations, and improving our overall impact through events that effectively communicate our corporate strategy and brand personality.
Your attitude, skills and interests are just as important as your area of study. We are looking for diverse backgrounds that bring a combination of the following:
Need to have
- University degree in Communications, Public Relations, Tourism, Social Sciences, Marketing, Heritage, Education, or related field
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in planning, coordinating and evaluating innovative special events and programs including financial reporting, budgeting, and report writing
- Minimum of four (4) years of supervisory experience
- Strong teamwork, collaboration, leadership, analytical and research skills
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- A proven track record for relationship building, multitasking, organizational skills and attention to detail
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
Nice to have
- Experience working with the cultural heritage tourism industry
- Project Management experience
- Successful grant writer with proven track record of securing funding
- Experience working with schools and motorcoach companies
$2,218.00 to $3,097.00 bi-weekly (Pay Band 5)
What can GNB offer you?
- Comprehensive benefits package and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan.
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training.
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services.
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health and safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health and safety.
How to apply
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by e-mail to email@example.com or by mail at the following address by January 28, 2022, indicating competition number R18-2021/22-1296. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
Human Resource Branch
Marysville Place, 4th floor
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
Any candidate not currently employed in the New Brunswick Public Service will need to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (or a valid medical certificate exempting them from the vaccine) in order to receive a job offer.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who are among the most qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.
Let's connect. You belong here.