Special Events and Programs Coordinator
Kings Landing Corporation
Who we are
Kings Landing, a world-class living history museum located on the Saint John River and one of the top visitor attractions in New Brunswick, is seeking an individual to join the Visitor Experience department as a Special Events and Program Coordinator, working in Prince William, New Brunswick.
Operated by Kings Landing Corporation, Kings Landing was created over a period from 1967 to 1974. The Historical Settlement depicts and interprets life in rural New Brunswick in the 19th century. For 48 years, over 3.5 million guests have come to experience history brought to life within a 300-acre site with over 70 historic buildings and through a priceless collection of over 99,000 historical objects.
What you will do
Reporting to the Heritage Resource Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing support and assistance to the Visitor Experience department and will be responsible for:
- Developing vibrant special events and programs
- Developing unique full sensory programs and events
- Providing staff training
- Ensuring that employees follow all safety regulations
- Scheduling staff and assisting in the development of workplans
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Contributing to and maintaining historical accuracy in presentation
- Coordinating the presentation of special events and programs
- Coordinating payroll records
- Performing other duties as assigned
- In season hours are scheduled from Wednesday through Sunday, 36.25 hours per week. Off-season hours are Monday through Friday, 36.25 hours per week. Weekend, evening work and variable hours may be required
- Dressing in period costume in season, and during programs, events and tours
- Due to the current unpredictable climate related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the duties of this position will be adjusted based upon current circumstances. The successful candidate will need to be flexible and adaptable
- We promote a scent-reduced environment
Who you are
Your attitude, skills and interests are just as important as your area of study. We are looking for diverse backgrounds that bring a combination of the following:
Need to have
- Completion of grade 12, plus completion of a recognized post-secondary program, diploma or degree in a related field
- Minimum of three (3) years related work experience
- Experience and knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
Nice to have
- Experience in customer service
- Experience in music, theatre and event planning
- Experience in the delivery of special event programs
- Experience with grant writing
- Strong teamwork, communications and problem-solving skills
$1,616.00 to $2,255.00 bi-weekly (Pay Band 2)
What can GNB offer you?
- Comprehensive benefits package and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health and safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health and safety.
How to apply
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by e-mail to Info.KingsLanding@kingslanding.nb.ca or by mail at the following address by 12:00 noon on February 4, 2022, indicating competition number R18‑2021/22-1309. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Kings Landing Corporation
5804 Route 102
Prince William, NB
Any candidate not currently employed in the New Brunswick Public Service will need to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (or a valid medical certificate exempting them from the vaccine) in order to receive a job offer.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who are among the most qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.
Let's connect. You belong here.