Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Property Management Agents
(Technical Inspection - Pay Group 6)
Property Services Branch
Who we are
The work we do has a positive impact on our communities and helps improve the everyday lives of New Brunswickers. Together, we are over 45,000 New Brunswickers who are passionate problem-solvers, who make a difference and are proud to call New Brunswick home.
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure's mission is to contribute to New Brunswick's economy and quality of life by providing and supporting sustainable infrastructure that allows for the safe and efficient movement of people, goods and government services to the public. Not only is the department responsible for managing over 18,000 kilometers of provincial highways, it also manages the planning, design and construction of hospitals, schools and other government buildings.
What you will do
As a member of Infrastructure Acquisition and Evaluation Unit, you will be responsible for:
- performing property valuations, including the preparation of appraisal reports;
- reviewing fee appraisal assignments for government surplus properties;
- carrying out property acquisition for government infrastructure projects and executing legal documents;
- initiating studies to compile data for the analysis of rents, real property values and maintenance costs;
- providing economic data for determining land use, policy and application;
- Liaise with Property Assessment Services to review real property values of DTI property inventory.
- Office location: 440 King Street, Fredericton
- Open office layout
- Standard hours of work: Monday - Friday, 8:15-4:30, with flexible work hours as required
- We promote a scent-reduced environment.
- Extensive travel within the Province will be required.
Who you are
Key behavioural competencies
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Commitment to Learning
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Impact and Influence
- Relationship/Network Building
- Results Orientation
- Project Management
- Ability to Use Office Technology, Software and Applications
- Presentation Skills
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Written Communication
- University degree
- Completion of recognized course work in property valuation
- Minimum of eight years of experience in the field of property appraisal or evaluation
- Possession of an Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute (AACI) designation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid class 5 driver's license as issued by the Province of New Brunswick
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English is required. Please state your language capability.
- Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration.
- Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
- Please ensure that your preferred language of assessment is identified in your resume.
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure offers:
- Meaningful work and the opportunity to support New Brunswickers in times of need.
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training.
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, Health and Dental Plan, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan.
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services.
SALARY: $2,358.00 to $2,962.00 bi-weekly
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health and safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health and safety.
How to apply?
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the following address indicating competition number 2021-D55-03. This opportunity will be open until filled. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Human Resources Services
P. O. Box 6000, Fredericton NB E3B 5H1
Telephone: (506) 453-3939
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who are among the most qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.
Let's connect. You belong here.