Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Manager of Acquisition
(Pay Band 6)
Property Services Branch
Who we are?
The work we do has a positive impact on our communities and helps improve the everyday lives of New Brunswickers. Together, we are over 45,000 New Brunswickers who are passionate problem-solvers, who make a difference and are proud to call New Brunswick home.
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure's mission is to contribute to New Brunswick's economy and quality of life by providing and supporting sustainable infrastructure that allows for the safe and efficient movement of people, goods and government services to the public. Not only is the department responsible for managing over 18,000 kilometers of provincial highways, it also manages the planning, design and construction of hospitals, schools and other government buildings.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Manager of Acquisition is responsible for:
- Supervising and providing guidance and strategic direction to a team of qualified professionals on various real estate matters including real estate valuation, negotiation, and acquisitions.
- Ensuring all properties are acquired on multiple highway projects throughout the Province to meet the Capital Construction program timelines.
- Attending various project meetings to provide timelines and/or risks to service delivery on the projects.
- Providing recommendations to the Assistant Director/Director on matters related to expropriation matters before the Court of Queens Bench.
- Managing the development and implementation of various Requests for Proposals (RFP) contracts to hire pre-qualified third-party consultants to ensure delivery of programs for expropriation purposes.
- Office location: 440 King Street, Fredericton
- Open office layout
- Standard hours of work: Monday - Friday, 8:15-4:30
- We promote a scent-reduced environment.
- Some travel within the Province will be required.
Who you are?
Key behavioural competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Developing Others
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Organizational Commitment
- Results Orientation
- Team Leadership
- Human Resources Management
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Specialized Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge
- Written Communication
- University degree in Business Administration; Commerce (Urban Land Economics).
- A minimum of eight (8) years' experience in real estate appraisal/valuation, property management, negotiation and property acquisition; and a minimum of four (4) years human resources and financial management experience.
- Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute (AACI), Designation.
- Knowledge of machinery of government, policies, project management, Real Estate-Law. Extensive knowledge of various acts including the Expropriation Act and Highway Act.
- A member in good standing with the Appraisal Institute of Canada and the New Brunswick Association of Real Estate Appraisers (NBAREA).
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid class 5 driver's license as issued by the Province of New Brunswick
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English is required. Please state your language capability.
- Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration.
- Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
- Please ensure that your preferred language of assessment is identified in your résumé.
Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate the following assets:
- Experience in project management in a provincial, municipal setting for acquiring land rights for projects.
- Expérience in conflict resolution.
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure offers:
- Meaningful work and the opportunity to support New Brunswickers in times of need.
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training.
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, Health and Dental Plan, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan.
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services.
SALARY: $2,708.00 to $3,603.00 bi-weekly, based on 36.25 hours per week
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health and safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health and safety.
How to apply?
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the following address indicating competition number 2022-D55-03. This opportunity will be open until filled. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Human Resources Branch
P. O. Box 6000, Fredericton NB E3B 5H1
Telephone: (506) 453-3939
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who are among the most qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.
Check out what it is like to work at the Government of New Brunswick, where we are working together as One Team One GNB to improve the lives of New Brunswickers every day!
Let's connect. You belong here.