Kings Landing Corporation
Who we are
Kings Landing, a world-class living history museum located on the Saint John River and one of the top visitor attractions in New Brunswick, is seeking a prep cook, working in Prince William, New Brunswick.
Operated by Kings Landing Corporation, Kings Landing was created over a period from 1967 to 1974. The Historical Settlement depicts and interprets life in rural New Brunswick in the 19th century. For 48 years, over 3.5 million guests have come to experience history brought to life within a 300-acre site with over 70 historic buildings and through a priceless collection of over 99,000 historical objects.
What you will do
As a member of the Kings Landing team, the successful candidate will be responsible to ensure a quality product as well as a timely and consistent level of service within a fast-paced work environment. The duties and responsibilities include:
- Preparing food and serving customers as per safe and sanitary food-handling practices
- Cleaning and maintaining work area as well as the equipment used during food preparation
- Assisting other staff as required
- Working shifts (days, evenings, weekends and holidays)
- Ability to work extended periods in a kitchen environment (ex: occasional mild exposure to heat, cold and water; long periods standing)
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to bend, stretch, and twist
- We promote a scent-reduced environment
Who you are
Your attitude, skills and interests are just as important as your area of study. We are looking for diverse backgrounds that bring a combination of the following:
Need to have
- Completion of grade 10
- A minimum of one (1) year of food preparation experience in large quantity cooking
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
Nice to have
- Ability to read, understand and communicate basic cooking directions
- Knowledge and understanding of procedures related to safety, sanitation, and food handling
$21.87 per hour
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health and safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health and safety.
How to apply
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by e-mail to Info.KingsLanding@kingslanding.nb.ca , indicating ¿Prep Cook¿ in the subject line, or by mail at the following address, indicating competition number R18-2023/24-24. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Prep Cook Competition
Kings Landing Corporation
5804 Route 102
Prince William, NB
This competition will remain open until the positions are filled.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups.
Check out what it is like to work at the Government of New Brunswick, where we are working together as One Team One GNB to improve the lives of New Brunswickers every day!